Monday, January 26, 2015

New Stash!

My delivery from 123Stitch arrived today!  I'm so excited.

So, while looking at the other blogs who are participating in Stitch from Stash, I saw someone post their wish list which included the patterns Blackbird Designs are doing on their Magical Mystery Tour.  I love the Beatles so I had to have them and my husband liked them and decided he wanted them for his office at work.

I was able to get the pattern and the threads off 123Stitch but they were sold out of the recommended 32ct Cedar Plank.  Fortunately, my husband was able to get the fabric from the not-so-local LNS (which turns out to be only 15 minutes from where he works - dangerous!).  I cut the fabric in half because Octopus's Garden also uses the same fabric.

So now, I'm about 49 cents over budget but that's okay because I should be able to count the finished page from Fuji for this month (I also ordered the missing Blending Filament which is actually what put me over budget).

I decided to start with Yellow Submarine

The bulk of the cost was the Sampler Threads because I don't have many of them. 
Before the mail person came, I was stitching on an ornament that I actually put a few stitches on a few weeks back but didn't post a picture.  It's a Tigger ornament stitched on perforated plastic.  It's from my stash so it will count once I finish it.  I was listening to Killing Patton this morning on Audible while I stitched on it.  I'm not a big WWII person, but it's interesting and reads more like Killing Lincoln which I loved, because instead of being boring, it read like a thriller.


2 comments:

  1. I love Yellow Submarine! But I'm on a stash diet and am trying real hard not to buy anything. So it will have to wait until next year. I can't wait to see your progress on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Give yourself a pat on the back for being so close to your targeted budged goal--I am trying to put myself on a stash budget. Yesterday, I carried three pieces to the finisher--I suspect the budget is already blown and market is in a couple of weeks

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my followers! Let me know what you have to say.

I've been having a lot of spam lately so Anonymous users are not allowed. Sorry. :(