Sunday, January 25, 2015

Grow Your Blog Party!

It's party time!  This is the second year that I have participated in Grow Your Blog.

About Me!
My name is Joy and I have had this blog since 2009.  I started blogging when my new husband and I worked opposite shifts and I needed something to do to pass the time since I couldn't spend time with him.  Since then, I have had two children, went through a major layoff and got my master's degree and state teaching certification.


What I Blog About

  • Cross Stitching - This is probably the number one topic on my blog.  I have been doing Counted Cross Stitch for 14 years or so.
  • Stitch from Stash - I am currently participating in a group called Stitch from Stash hosted by Mel at Epic Stitching.  We stitch on a budget of $25 per month.  This is only for cross stitching materials, not yarn for knitting or crochet.
  • Ornament Box Project - I am working on cross stitching an ornament for each of my daughters for each of their Christmases until they turn 18.  It's definitely a work in progress
  • Yarn Projects - I crochet, knit and loom knit so I share that as well.  I am a member of Ravelry (username: gadgettrek)
  • Reading - I found a reading challenge on Facebook that I'm currently working on.  In addition, I have set a lifelong goal to read all the Newbery books which has its own separate blog (neverendingbookquest.blogspot.com).  I am a member on Goodreads.
I don't really do giveaways because the last time I did one, my husband fell off a ladder at work and all my extra spending money dried up.  I took a financial hit the time before when I had a giveaway.  So, I figure they are bad luck.  My apologies to anyone who is still waiting on stuff from me.  Now that I'm out of college, I will try to get it sent out. 

12 comments:

  1. Dear Joy,
    Welcome to Grow Your Blog party. I'm one of Vicki's helpers, hope you'll made some new friends and have new followers in the weeks to come. Big Hugs from Singapore

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you enjoy stitching. I think it's a great idea to make Christmas ornaments for your children each year. I did that, as well...and now do it for our three grandchildren.
    I found your blog via GYB party and hope you will stop by mine. I blog at WisdomwithNeedleandThread.blogspot.com.
    I look forward to following your stitching adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your stitching. crossstitchangel@blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, stopping in from the GYB event and really enjoyed looking through your blog! You have done some wonderful cross stitch pieces and I look forward to reading more of your posts in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello sweetie!
    Have fun at the GYB Party!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. On behalf of Vicki at 2 Bags Full, and myself, welcome to the Grow Your Blog hop! We apologize for the late welcome, as your assigned greeter didn't show for the party. I'll be back later to look around more. Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your many achievements....your creativity is overflowing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just stopping by to say hi from the blog party. I'm a new follower and am looking forward to your progress on those BBD designs. They are all on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You throw a great party. Thank you for inviting me!

    So that you know, I've become a Follower and when time permits, I'll be back to see what other beautiful things were made by your hands!

    What this party is all about is to GROW your blog and I'm hoping to do the same. When you get to Section One, check out A Country Chic Retreat and SuZeQ Creations, my personal blog, in Section Fifteen I'd love for you to follow and subscribe to.

    Happy crafting!
    SuZeQ

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice to meet you. I'm visiting via GYB from St. John's, NL Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved seeing your cross stitched chickadee - they're my absolute favourite bird! So nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Joy, congratulations on going back to school and getting your teaching certificate. Your stitching is lovely. Susan

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my followers! Let me know what you have to say.

I've been having a lot of spam lately so Anonymous users are not allowed. Sorry. :(