Wednesday, December 8, 2010

O Christmas Tree

So, the Christmas tree has been up since slightly before Halloween.  We have put it up early the last two years because we have relatives that come for Thanksgiving and not for Christmas.  It's a nice 6 1/2 footer we got at Home Depot last year that has the fake snow and pinecones and looks quite real. 

I love Christmas.  Could be because my birthday is the 22nd.  I have a lot of decorations that  I've accumulated, mostly because a lot of times I got them as Christmas presents.  These are some of my favorites:

This is one I inherited from my Grandmother.  It's a Danish paper ornament.

I have several Mickey Mouse ornaments.  I've always loved the Sorcerer Apprentice hat but I also have the traditional Mickey Mouse ears hat, the  Mickey Mouse Santa hat and the Mickey Mouse Pirates of the Caribbean hat.

This was a project one year at my church's Jesus Birthday Party that I played music for one year.  It's a wiseman if you haven't guessed and would be really easy to make.  It's a gold ring with pieces of cord tied onto it, the eye and nose beads are strung on a wire and the crown is a piece of fancy gold paper.

My Grandma made a bunch of Chrissums for her church.  I managed to get one from her personal collection when she died.  Should probably see if I can get the pattern somewhere and make a few of my own.

I'm not sure where this came from.  It has the chorus from "We Three Kings" around the edges.

One of my relatives made me this.  I plan on making one for each of my baby girls.  It actually has a letter inside that she wrote to me.
We also have a train on our tree.  Last Christmas we had it running around the base but this year we attached it to the tree because of the baby. She loves to watch it go around.

1 comment:

  1. what a pretty tree. The ornaments always have a special place in our hearts.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my followers! Let me know what you have to say.

I've been having a lot of spam lately so Anonymous users are not allowed. Sorry. :(