Saturday, December 18, 2010

A finish and switching projects

So, I finished Mary's Lamb Sampler today.  Here's the final result.

I figure it doesn't look bad considering I had no color or stitching chart to go with it.  I would like to get it framed for the baby's room but it's a little larger and I'll probably have to wait.

Meanwhile, I switched projects from the carnival throw temporarily to WIP #2 which is "Do Not Meddle."  I was further on it than I thought.  Here's what it looks like currently:

I know there is some frogging to do somewhere.  I am proceeding with caution.  There are 6 colors of green used on the dragon and two of them are really really close together.  I am using Raymond's method and have needles threaded with all the colors needed.  I am doing a color section at a time and then switching to a different needle.  I figure this way, I can figure out where I went wrong and rip instead of trying what I did before which was to start with the outline (made sense at the time....until I realized I was off by at least a stitch!).

1 comment:

  1. Love the Little Lamb....that was quick.
    Still curious when you'll have time for that Kinkade. It overwhelmed me at Hobby Lobby.
    Hope the rest of the pregnancy goes well.


I love to hear from my followers! Let me know what you have to say.

I've been having a lot of spam lately so Anonymous users are not allowed. Sorry. :(