Monday, January 10, 2011

Mindless Eating

I've mentioned this book several times.  I highly recommend it.  Here's my review:

Mindless Eating: Why We Eat More Than We ThinkMindless Eating: Why We Eat More Than We Think by Brian Wansink

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


So, I saw this special on 20/20 one night about Professor Wansink and the experiments he does in his food lab at his college.  I decided I needed to read the book.



Wansink has done various experiments studying why we eat what we eat and what factors cause us to eat more or eat less.  His findings are very interesting.



Here are some of the things that are covered in this book:



What would happen if your soup bowl automatically refilled?

Does it matter that the label on the wine says "California" or "North Dakota"?

Does music influence eating?

What happens if you change the size of your dinner plate?



Wansink gives you some guidelines to follow to alter your diet to lose/maintain your weight but he's not promising overnight dropping 15 pounds.  This is a gradual method but will give you lifelong eating habits you can actually follow.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my followers! Let me know what you have to say.

I've been having a lot of spam lately so Anonymous users are not allowed. Sorry. :(