Saturday, June 27, 2015

My latest project

I'm back at the ornament grind.  No final finishing to show yet on the last two completed ones though.  Hopefully next week!

So, I've noticed that almost every ornament pattern calls for a 9x9 piece of fabric.  Really?  The final ornament is generally 3x3  There's no way I need three inches on each side for finishing unless I'm doing something extra special. All that wasted fabric.

With my latest start, I had to use some mathematical skills (which included drawing a blueprint) in order to figure out how to cut and place the ornaments.  But I figured out and I have the main body of the house done.  Just need to cut and stitch the black roof tiles.

The finishing is going to be quite complex.  Welcome to the world of The Victoria Sampler.  Hopefully I don't mess up after all this work.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous Joy! I love your adjustment, it makes so much sense as I too hate wasting fabric...thanks :)
    I can't wait to see the finishes, I know they will be perfect.
    Have a great day kiddo


I love to hear from my followers! Let me know what you have to say.

I've been having a lot of spam lately so Anonymous users are not allowed. Sorry. :(