Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Leafy Loomed Ruffle Scarf




Here are the instructions for the Leafy Loomed Ruffle Scarf.

You will need:
  • A long loom (Martha Stewart Loom used in example)
  • Loom tool
  • 2 skeins ruffle yarn (Patons Pirouette used in example)
If using the Martha Stewart Loom, make two of these.
I think the Martha Stewart Loom makes making ruffle scarves so much easier.  There are no extra pegs to worry about.  There is no having the stuff the ruffle down through the center of the loom.

Keep in mind that not all ruffle yarns are created equal.  I found that Patons Pirouette was much looser with larger loops compared with Red Heart Sashay Boutique.  I have not tried Starbella yet so I cannot comment on theirs.  I could have easily spaced the pegs with two holes in between on the Patons but the Red Heart is a tight squeeze even with this configuration.  I had issues when using a Knifty Knitter long loom with the Red Heart because of the tightness.

Cast on 6 stitches by putting the top most loop on each peg.


Each row has four parts.

1. Put another row of loops on each peg.  There will be two loops on each peg.


2. Put yet another row of loops on each peg going back the other way.  There will now be three loops on each peg.


3. Knit the bottom two loops over the top loop.  This will leave one loop on each peg.


4. Transfer the loops to the other side of the loom (or other set of pegs, if using the Martha Stewart Loom).


Repeat steps 1-4 until scarf is desired length.  When switching skeins, no knot is needed, simply put the loops from the second skein on lop of the existing loops on the loom.  Add a skein on step 1 only.

When scarf is desired length, bind off with basic bind off.

I find that this makes a much bushier scarf.



For a video of this, watch this:  http://youtu.be/Qy6XspR6TJ8

1 comment:

  1. How many hole do you skip when you are putting the yarn on the loom?

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my followers! Let me know what you have to say.

I've been having a lot of spam lately so Anonymous users are not allowed. Sorry. :(