Thursday, August 25, 2011

RAK Update

So, I've made more progress on my RAK.  Yes, I can post pictures because she doesn't follow my blog (that I know of).

First of all, though.  Sadly, Jennifer at "Feathers in the Nest" has decided to delete her blog for personal reasons.  I always enjoyed visiting.  Hopefully things will settle down enough for her to start posting and stitching again.  I know it was her dream to publish her designs.  My prayers are with you Jennifer.

Now, to the RAK.

I bought this journal at Dollar General for $3.  It looks like it's leather (it's not) and it has a nice strap to keep it closed and a built in bookmark.  

I had this pattern for a journal case in the "Loom Crafts with Knifty Knitter" book but I decided to modify it a bit.  Instead of having two pockets, it has one with a strap.  I should have used the yellow long loom with clips instead but the yarn is stretchy enough it seems.  It calls for the pink loom which is what I used.

Here is the final result:

And this is what it looks like with the journal inside:

I used "Homespun" in the "lagoon" color.  It's a funky color and the camera really doesn't do it justice.

And since the cover of the journal looks a little boring, I decided to start this which will be attached some way to the journal.  I'm still not sure if I should use hot glue, super glue or some other adhesive.  

It's called "Tartan Teddy."  I have one color left to go which will do the eyes and nose and then the backstitching.

It's being done on 14 count Aida.  I found a scrap of it in my collection.  It's kind of an oatmeal color.

1 comment:

  1. What a nice gift, Joy! The bear is very cute. I hope you find just the right adhesive to attach it to the journal.


I love to hear from my followers! Let me know what you have to say.

I've been having a lot of spam lately so Anonymous users are not allowed. Sorry. :(