Thursday, August 11, 2011

Kinda Lazy Thursday

If you've been watching the news, you'd know that Texas is experiencing a bad drought.  Here, they've put limits on watering and there's a burn ban.

Here's a picture of my backyard:
We got excited this morning when we saw the clouds.  It was really smelling like rain and I could hear the thunder in the background...
And it missed us :(

Thursday is one of my days off of work (I work 4 10 hour shifts so I have 3 days off) and we normally do our shopping.  So, we went to Wal-Mart and picked up some stuff (they generally have the cheapest diapers) and then went to Kroger.  We found a bread machine at a local thrift store for $6 and it actually works well so we've been using it to make bread.  I needed to make french bread for work so I used it to mix the dough, then removed the dough, shaped it and baked it in the oven.  All that baking has worn down our supply of flour so that was on the list.  I also got some of that powdered buttermilk since it seems several varieties of bread call for it. 

Wal-Mart may say they have low prices but they rarely have stuff on good sales or clearance. Kroger on the other hand can have some awesome sales and almost always has manager's specials on stuff.  Today I got 100 bottle lines for the playtex bottles (the generic brand) for $2.99 :)

It seems to have wore Miss Zoé completely out because she passed out in the checkout line at Kroger.  This was her at home:

Not been getting a lot of sleep lately since Adèle has bad diaper rash and wakes up every time her diaper gets wet.  Since she and Zoé share a room, we have to be careful to remove the one crying baby so we don't wake the other baby.


We've been doing a bit of decorating on this house slowly but surely.  We got one of those Eclipse curtains for the babies' room so that it stays darker.  Since this is a rent house, it only has basic blinds in every room.  We got a large curtain rod and put up some of the curtains we already had in the living room.  We liked the Eclipse curtains so much that we got another 2 for the windows in the master bedroom but we haven't put them up yet.

Here's some of the stuff we've hung up so far.

My Dad picked this up at an antique store at some point.  I don't know who made it or even when it was stitched.  I have it by my piano.

My cousin made this when I was a baby.  I have it up in the girls' room.  My husband moved the cribs around so I don't have any nursery pictures since I haven't moved the pictures back around yet.

This is the shadow box I made of my stuff from high school since I didn't have a letter jacket.  The top row of letters is for math track as is one of the medals.  The other letter and the rows of medals are for handbell choir and all my performances at the state contest for piano, voice and handbells (they're all first place if you're wondering but they are different colors for the class of the piece and district or state level).  On the left hand side, you can see the yellow of my National Honor Society cords and the tassels from my high school and college graduations.  The medal on the right is from my college graduation.
We also hung up my grandma's bird pictures in the hallway.  I would post pictures but blogger is being a pain.

Have to go make meatloaf now.






1 comment:

  1. This drought has been awful! We've had a burnban and 100 degree days for over 40 days in a row with no rain...until today. We finally got an inch of rain and it was wonderful. I hope your area gets some relief soon.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my followers! Let me know what you have to say.

I've been having a lot of spam lately so Anonymous users are not allowed. Sorry. :(