Monday, May 30, 2011

Stamps and stuff

So, this afternoon I decided to move my stamps out of the closer where it's a wee bit damp because of the bathroom and someplace drier.  I figured I'd share some pics.


I love hand painted caches.  This came out of my dad's love collection.
This one holds a special place in my heart because it is from the stamp show that I helped my dad with.  I helped him haul all the exhibits from the post office and then went around with a screwdriver and screwed and unscrewed all the exhibit cases.  I was about 13 or 14 at the time.
One of my Dad's friends who was a cachet maker, made this for me.  He did several Star Trek ones for me in the past at my Dad's request.
Another hand painted cache.  Isn't it gorgeous?
This is for the Wisconsin sesquicentennial.  The envelope is actually a piece of the Wisconsin road map.
Star Trek stamps.   Of course. 
Some of my Lord of the Rings souvenir sheets from New Zealand.  I have all of them from all the movies and from the first two Narnia ones as well.
Rather cool Harry Potter stamps from Taiwan.




And now for something completely different...a Scentsy.  Very cool.  Was give to us yesterday for Adèle.  It's like a flameless candle with a lightbulb inside and you can melt different scented waxes.  


1 comment:

  1. Very unique collection. Love the surprise for Adele.
    chris b

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my followers! Let me know what you have to say.

I've been having a lot of spam lately so Anonymous users are not allowed. Sorry. :(