Thursday, December 31, 2015

Reading Challenge Complete

This year, I decided to do a  reading challenge off Facebook and I quickly filled up most of the categories.  However, once I reached a certain point, I was reading more off my other challenge of reading all the Newbery books and so I finally finished the last category on the reading challenge this week.

A book by an author with your same initials:  The Lost Years by J.M. Dillard

I've been meaning to read this forever since I have the four book "Lost Years" series of Star Trek in a boxed set.  I ended up reading it off Scribd because it was just easier to read it digitally.  I find myself embracing digital books more every year.  Anyway, this book is set after the Enterprise returns from her five year mission and we see Kirk promoted to admiral while Spock and McCoy resign from Starfleet.

My book count for the year according to Goodreads is 255.  Not too shabby.

Here's the complete reading challenge:
  • A book with more than 500 pages - Insurgent
  • A classic romance - Sense and Sensibility
  • A book that became a movie - The Princess Bride
  • A book published this year - The Mermaid's Sister
  • A book with a number in the title - 1776
  • A book written by someone under 30 - Flawless
  • A book with nonhuman characters - Dragon Kiss
  • A funny book - Fortunately, the Milk
  • A book by a female author - Dear Mr. Henshaw
  • A mystery or thriller - Broken Symmetry
  • A book with a one-word title - Paperboy
  • A book of short stories - Thistle and Thyme: Tales and Legends from Scotland 
  • A book set in a different country - A Day on Skates: The Story of a Dutch Picnic
  • A nonfiction book - 41: A Portrait of my FatherKilling Patton
  • A popular author's first book - Star Trek The Next Generation #5 Strike Zone
  • A book from an author you love that you haven't read yet - The Cuckoo's Calling
  • A book a friend recommended - Off to Be a Wizard
  • A Pulitzer Prize-winning book - Nazi Germany and the Jews: The Years of Extermination, 1939-1945
  • A book based on a true story - The Road From Home
  • A book at the bottom of your to-read list - The Winter Room
  • A book your mom loves - Lad: A Dog
  • A book that scares you - Doll Bones
  • A book more than 100 years old - A Little Princess
  • A book based entirely on its cover - Orphan Train
  • A book you were supposed to read in school but didn't - The Lantern Bearers
  • A memoir - I Am Not Spock, I Am Spock
  • A book you can finish in a day - El Deafo
  • A book with antonyms in the title - Over Sea, Under Stone
  • A book set somewhere you've always wanted to visit - Born With Teeth
  • A book with bad reviews - The Glass Magician
  • A trilogy - The Lord of the Rings
  • A book from your childhood - Sarah Plain and Tall
  • A book with a love triangle - Unsouled
  • A book set in the future - Legacy Code
  • A book set in high school - Go Ask Alice
  • A book with a color in the title - Brown Girl Dreaming
  • A book that made you cry - The Crossover
  • A book with magic - The Eye of the World
  • A graphic novel - Farscape Vol 5 Red Sky at Morning
  • A book by an author you've never read before - The Dream Coach
  • A book you own but have never read - The Bronze Bow
  • A book that takes place in your hometown (home state) - Caddie Woodlawn
  • A book that was originally written in a different language - Pippi Longstocking
  • A book set during Christmas - The Dark is Rising
  • A book written by an author with your same initials - The Lost Years
  • A play - William Shakespeare's Star Wars: Verily, A New Hope
  • A banned book - The Earth, My Butt and Other Big Round Things
  • A book based on or turned into a TV show - Pretty Little Liars
  • A book you started but never finished - Mere Christianity

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my followers! Let me know what you have to say.

I've been having a lot of spam lately so Anonymous users are not allowed. Sorry. :(