Tuesday, August 4, 2015


This weekend I made the leap....to Windows 10!

Some of my older followers may recall that I used to work in tech support for T-Mobile so I'm pretty good with technology.  I am a Windows girl through and through, having only ever had Windows smartphones (starting with a Touch Pro 2).  Therefore, I have a Windows smartphone, laptop and 7" tablet.  I've been waiting for 10 to come out because it's supposed to allow maximum integration between all my devices.

I decided to start with my laptop.


I bought my Vivobook back in 2013 to prepare for grad school and it has a touch screen.  The upgrade process only took a few hours and was pretty painless.

The only issue I had was Chrome.  If you do the upgrade and use Chrome, you need to uncheck the Windows 8 compatibility option in the settings or otherwise you will spend hours trying to fix it like I did.  On the upside, I was able to get my Firefox working again.  Edge (the new browser to replace IE) is a great browser but it doesn't run Blogger.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to here that it was quite a painless procedure. I keep putting it off so maybe I will take the leap too :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my followers! Let me know what you have to say.

I've been having a lot of spam lately so Anonymous users are not allowed. Sorry. :(