Monday, June 23, 2014

An Anniversary and More Knitting

Sunday was the second anniversary of my layoff.  It was pretty awful at the time but it has turned into the best thing that ever happened to me.  God works in mysterious ways.

On Saturday, there was a 50% off everything at SCRAP sale.  I picked up a bunch of yarn, a few sets of needles and some perforated paper for stitching.  The whole lot cost me about $12.  Here's a picture of the pile of yarn.


I have been steadily making progress on my shawlette.  The Unforgettable Yarn is really nice to work with.


I finally (after several tries) got the 200 stitches cast on for the capelet.  I have done 9 rows.  I figured out that stitch markers are the way to go when doing so many stitches.  I am using leftover "Pound of Love" yarn to make it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my followers! Let me know what you have to say.

I've been having a lot of spam lately so Anonymous users are not allowed. Sorry. :(