Thursday, April 17, 2014

Weighted Lap Pad

Yesterday was a bit of an odd day.  My husband didn't go into work until late because we had two flat tires on the truck (actually, we had three tires with leaks, but one is in the sidewall and can't be fixed).  After going to the tire place in town and getting the holes plugged, we got some breakfast at Old West Cafe.  It's a small chain of breakfast restaurants around here.  They have awesome food!  You know it's good when there are four state trooper vehicles parked outside.  I had an omelette with egg whites, since I recently discovered that I can eat eggs now, if I don't eat the yolk (except hard boiled, which I can eat the whole thing).  It was just a bacon and cheese omelette.  I thought about ordering a few strips of bacon on the side.  That would have been a mistake.  It was like all bacon with a thin shell of egg and cheese around the outside.  And it was not imitation bacon.  Nope.  This was like real bacon that had been fried up and pummeled into small pieces.  Oh, it was good.  I've had their pancakes there before too.  They're the size of your plate.

Anyway.

When I got home, I decided to shirk off doing homework and worked on a little side project.  Two months ago, I made a weighted blanket for my youngest who has Autism.



It has worked well at helping her to stay asleep through the night.  But, she still has problems getting to sleep but I can only get her to use the blanket after she's unconscious.  Many of the weighted blanket companies also make smaller lap pads, so I decided to make one with a remnant of fabric that I had purchased.  Here's what it looks like.


It is fleece and that is My Little Pony.  I did not stuff each cell with polyfill this time so it's a lot flatter.  It is also only 3 pounds instead of 5.  So far, Zoe seems to have adopted it as a new blanket.  Time will tell if it helps to get Adele to sleep.

3 comments:

  1. What a pretty little lap quilt. Glad she likes it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet lap quilt! May it soothe her to sleep every night! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the ponies blanket - my daughter loves the ponies, and I admit that I do, too :) Very interesting how the weighted blankets help them sleep? I mean, I don't blame them; even when it's smoldering hot out I can't sleep without the weight of some sort of blanket on me. Very cute :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my followers! Let me know what you have to say.

I've been having a lot of spam lately so Anonymous users are not allowed. Sorry. :(