Saturday, April 5, 2014

Sunflower Progress

Hello everyone,

After finally finishing up homework for the week, I did a little work on the Sunflower.  I had to do some minimal frogging after I accidentally switched the colors of the little blue flowers, but it was not much to have to tear out.  What I really love about this piece is how the bright colors just pop off the natural linen.  I can't wait to see what it looks like as I add more and more of the piece (there's still quite a bit to go).  For a picture of what it will look like, see the "long term projects" tab at the top.  The center of the sunflower is a bit of a pain because it is symerna crosses.


I have also been crocheting a bit on one of my prayer shawls.  It is crocheting up quite quickly.   The pattern is easy: 1 row single crochet and then 3 rows double.  I am almost done with the first ball of yarn.  I only bought two balls so I am curious to see how far they will get me.  It's for a child so I don't have to go really really big.  I am thinking it will take three in all.  I can't believe I picked up crochet so quickly.  The YouTube video I watched really helped.


I finally seem to have settled in on the knitted shawl as well.  I had some issues with the pattern but I finally got the triple seed stitch to turn out correctly.


2 comments:

  1. the colors in this piece is so pretty. Looking really nice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, gorgeous colours on your knitting. I really love the bottom one for the colour.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my followers! Let me know what you have to say.

I've been having a lot of spam lately so Anonymous users are not allowed. Sorry. :(