After finally finishing up homework for the week, I did a little work on the Sunflower. I had to do some minimal frogging after I accidentally switched the colors of the little blue flowers, but it was not much to have to tear out. What I really love about this piece is how the bright colors just pop off the natural linen. I can't wait to see what it looks like as I add more and more of the piece (there's still quite a bit to go). For a picture of what it will look like, see the "long term projects" tab at the top. The center of the sunflower is a bit of a pain because it is symerna crosses.
I have also been crocheting a bit on one of my prayer shawls. It is crocheting up quite quickly. The pattern is easy: 1 row single crochet and then 3 rows double. I am almost done with the first ball of yarn. I only bought two balls so I am curious to see how far they will get me. It's for a child so I don't have to go really really big. I am thinking it will take three in all. I can't believe I picked up crochet so quickly. The YouTube video I watched really helped.
I finally seem to have settled in on the knitted shawl as well. I had some issues with the pattern but I finally got the triple seed stitch to turn out correctly.