Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Finished Catching Fire and Adele's Sheets

I was all set to finish Adele's Sheets yesterday but my sewing machine started stitching weird.  After a call to Brother, they told me to take it to a service center.  My closest was Denton Sewing Center.  I took it there and found that the bobbin tension was off.  It doesn't have a bobbin casing so there's no little screw to adjust but what you need to do is actually hold the bobbin tight while threading and you won't have a problem.  So I took it home and finished Adele's sheets.


It has Giraffes which are Adele's favorite animal.

And I finished the second Hunger Games book

Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2)Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I couldn't help it. I was going to put off this book until I was done with my Larsson book but I started it anyway.



Katniss is discovering a new life as a winning tribute but things start to go downhill. Her family is comfortable now but the president shows up with a veiled threat for her "rebellious" show.  Then new peacekeepers move in and some of the district start to rebel.



In response, she and Peeta announce that they are going to get married.  It is also the 75th anniversary of the Hunger Games so as a special treat the tributes are going to be people that have already won. Katness and Peeta again find themselves in the arena.



Just as fast paced as the first book, I enjoyed this one.  But you may want to pick up the third book right away....there's a huge cliffhanger.



View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. HELP!!! I only just registered with goodreads, and cannot figure out how to get it on the side of my blog...and I can see you have it on your right side...can you help? I tried to "add gadget" but it won't accept it...how did you do it?
    Thanks, Ylva (am normally quite good at computers, but apparently not this thing about blogging...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable sheets! Glad you got your machine fixed. I hate to be without any of mine.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my followers! Let me know what you have to say.

I've been having a lot of spam lately so Anonymous users are not allowed. Sorry. :(