and I found quite a few things that I liked....so I decided to design my own pattern. Here is what it looks like at the moment:
I'm using a cream 14 ct Aida (it was in my stash) and I used the green thread to block off the available area I can stitch. I want the finished piece to fit in a 5x7 frame so I allowed 1/4" on each side so my area to stitch ends up being 4.5x6.5 inches. As you can see the pumpkin is going strong. Once I have that finished, I have some other ideas but I'm really making this up as I go along. More progress reports to follow.
Oh, and my husband got me this (well, the note said it was from my daughter saying she was sorry that she broke my frog). My stepdaughter pitched in as well
Oh....on a geeky note. We actually don't have cable internet anymore at the moment because of the current job situation but working for a cell phone company, I have a smartphone so I decided to use it as a modem. Needless to say, the speed is the same as wifi with the cable modem. They aren't joking about the HSPA+. Oh, and Android is cool and all but Windows Mobile was extremely easy to set up as a modem (one setting changed and I'm done). The pictures I've put up have actually all been taken on that phone as of recent (don't feel like letting my 5mp camera eat more AAs) which isn't bad for 3.2mp with no flash.
If that last paragraph made no sense, sorry, I felt like being geeky. You can tell you live in a family of geeks when your stepson's computer parts (that's right, parts, not entire computer, it has to be built) are sitting in your foyer and you and your husband just discussed ways to transform a wagon into a Starship so we can take the baby as a Starship captain for Halloween.