Wednesday, July 30, 2014

An Autumn Project

I decided yesterday that I really felt like working with overdyed fibers so I pulled out a project that I had purchased the materials for last fall but had not started.  It is the "Pumpkin Sampler" by Jeannette Douglas out of the Sept/Oct 2012 JCS.  It uses a bunch of different fibers, many of which I have not worked with before.  It uses Weeks Dye Works and Simply Shaker (which I have worked with) but also Simply Wool, Gloriana Silk, Belle Soie and Crescent Colors Cotton.  I am stitching it on 32 ct. Vintage Buttercream linen by Lakeside Linens (as the original color by Lakeside was discontinued and this was the substitution).

So far, I have stitched very few actual cross stitches in the piece as a lot of it is specialty stitches.  The pumpkins are Milanese Variation stitches and they took forever to stitch (especially because of the irregular shape of the pumpkin.

That's actually the width of the sampler (it's in a 6x6 Q-Snap).  It's a long and skinny piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my followers! Let me know what you have to say.

I've been having a lot of spam lately so Anonymous users are not allowed. Sorry. :(