Sunday, May 11, 2014

Hermiting

For my Mother's Day present, my husband is letting me hermit and stitch which is nice.  I decided to finally start a whole bunch of projects that have been at the top of my "want to stitch" list."

First up was a Dimples Designs piece called "Fuji" which I picked up at SCRAP for $2 a few years ago.


I am stitching it on a piece of 32 count antique white (at least I think it's antique white, I get antique white and ivory confused some times).  It calls for mostly DMC but I will have to order some Whisper and Splendor to finish it.

The second piece I started was called "Winter on Logan's Creek."  It's the companion piece to "Marsh Marigolds" which I have about 2/3 finished.  Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of the finished piece out of the magazine.  It's being stitched on 14 ct. light blue Aida which I had in my stash.


The third piece I picked up was "Starlight Angel" which is out of a leaflet I've had for awhile.  I have talked about wanting to stitch it in the past but I was missing a lot of the threads for it and I thought it was supposed to go on 28 count Monaco but then I found it that it was really supposed to be stitched on 18 count Aida, which I had.

I only stitched a bit of the sleeve so far.  I will have to order some more blending filament and also the ribbon eventually.  It also calls for Medicis but I don't know what that is.


Next, I set my sights on "Quail Family."  I only put a few stitches in to mark the center and they blend in so I did not take a picture.


I have two other pieces that I am also going to start on: "Give Thanks" and "Country Prayer."  I have the fabric for both but I have not found the center and put stitches in them yet.  I did not have the 16 ct. Sandalwood Aida for Give Thanks, but I was able to substitute some 14 ct. Beige Aida and I think it will look fine.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my followers! Let me know what you have to say.

I've been having a lot of spam lately so Anonymous users are not allowed. Sorry. :(