Thursday, March 27, 2014

Mad New Skillz

A few weeks ago, I decided to go back to trying to knit with needles.  I have completed two small projects since then.  It is not as bad as I remember.

I decided to start two more ambitious projects that have nothing to do with cross stitching.

The first is a knitted prayer shawl.  I am using the "Original Knitted Prayer Shawl" pattern with 57 stitches.  It is a knit 3, purl 3 configuration.  I have had to restart it several times but I think I finally have it right.  My original needles were too short, so I bought some longer ones.  I also figured out that I was doing the pattern wrong and I have corrected that this last restart.  So I am hoping for no further massive froggings.





While I was at it, I also decided to try my hand at crochet.  I have a book that is supposed to teach crochet visually but I was having issues understanding the diagrams.  So, I found a video on YouTube which made everything clear.  For my first project, I am doing the "Original Crochet Prayer Shawl"


1 comment:

I love to hear from my followers! Let me know what you have to say.

I've been having a lot of spam lately so Anonymous users are not allowed. Sorry. :(