Edgar (at Blacksheep's bit of the web) posted a Q&A that apparently has been going around. Needing something to blog about today (on the day I'm officially unemployed now), I decided to answer them.
1) Favorite pattern ever stitched - show a snap - I would have to say the Fairy Tale Sampler by Dragon Dreams
2) Favorite Junk food to have while stitching? I don't eat while stitching. Keeps the piece nice and clean.
3) Your Favorite Blog to Visit? - I have a bunch.
4) Do you leave comments on Blogs? Sometimes but since I've been working 40 hours a week and then coming home to the 1 and 2 year olds, I don't have a lot of time to do things like comment. Now that I'm unemployed, well, we'll see.
5) Do you reply to your comments on your Blog? Lately I have.
6) Your favorite thread to work with? I pretty much only stitch with DMC which I definitely prefer over Krenik so we'll stick with DMC.
7) Do I know a male stitcher? There are a few on my Yahoo Groups (Bob, Bob and Raymond) and then, of course, there's Edgar. :)
8) What is the biggest stitched piece you have stitched? I think that Amazing Grace is the largest.
9) What is the furthest away you have traveled to go to a stitching store, what was it called? When I lived in Wisconsin, I had to drive from Waukesha to a place in Mequon which was about an hour trip. Now, I think the closest brick and mortar store is in Plano which would be a good hour to drive there too but I haven't had the urge to go there since I called them to ask if they had 11 count evenweave and I was put on hold and heard "what's evenweave?" [shudder shudder]. If I hit one of the stores in Dallas, I would be driving about 1 1/2 hours.
10) Favorite tool to use when stitching? Ks Creations Z stand with Q snaps
11) Do I like stitching for others or for yourself and why? As long as it's something that I actually want to stitch, I don't care either way.
1) Why do you love stitching? It relaxes me and it was something to do when I was in college in MN with nothing better to do.
2) Do you have a favorite genre/type of pattern that you like to do? I wanted to do fantasy but that's kind of worn off. My tastes have totally changed within the last 2 years so I can't honestly tell you yet. Ask me again in 2 years.
3) Have you ever had to re-stitch a pattern? No.
4) How often do you try to stitch a week? Whenever I have the time. It's hard with the girls. They like the pretty string.
5) What DMC colors do I lean towards? Blue.
6) How did I come to stitch? My mom bought me a frog learn-a-craft kit when I was laid up after I had my wisdom teeth out. My grandmother stitched as well but never taught me.
7) Do I have favorite stores to buy stitching from? 123 Stitch and ABC Stitch
8) Do I have a favorite designer? Remember the part where my tastes have changed? I like Dragon Dreams but I'm not really sure of anything right now'
9) Do I have a stitching Blog? Yes
10) Have I read fictional books about stitching? Those exist?
11) How many times a week would I say I visit other stitchers Blogs? 2 or 3 times a week on my days off generally.
1) How do I feel about blended threads as in T Wentzler's projects? I am doing some right now on my Stocking. It's a pain to put together but I have no problem stitching with it. It has a nice effect.
2) Do I launder my projects before framing? Nope.
3) How do I feel about the lack of colour fast in all the flosses now? I had no idea this was an issue. Then again, I don't get my pieces wet.
4) When you begin a project with a black and white chart how do you choose which symbol to begin with? I generally start in the center
5) Do I do my own framing? Only when it's a standard size.
6) Do I choose my own mats and molding or let someone else tell me what I would like? I prefer to pick all of that and then have someone else assemble.
7) Pins or lace? ????
8) Do I have any wall space for a new project? Yes. What you really need to ask is can I afford to frame the finished pieces so I can actually put them on the wall.
9) Have I ever gifted a finished piece right off the wall because someone really liked it? No
10) Would I stitch it again for myself? No
11) Do I have a group of friends whom I share the love of stitching with on a regular basis? On the blog and I have three yahoo groups.