Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Perry the Platypus Hat and Martha Stewart Loom

I know I said I wouldn't start the Perry the Platypus hat but....I did anyway.  Finished the hat portion.  Still need to work on the face.

In case you're wondering, I didn't really use a pattern.  I started with the purple KK loom and made icords.  Then I increased to make the earflaps.  Then I started a set on the other side and started working in the round and did a hat and gather finished it.


I was thinking about getting the Martha Stewart Loom.  I didn't want to order of HSN.  Then I found out it was also sold at Michaels.  Then I found out Michaels had a 40% coupon this week.  So now I own the loom and my husband has cut me off from spending anymore for awhile :)

This is a picture of the box

This is the pieces. 

These are the pegs
I'll be having some fun with it later.

I took Thursday off because my husband has an important appointment and we only have one car so I have a three day weekend.  Hoping to finish Zoé's Kermit the Frog jacket and Perry's face.

4 comments:

  1. You are making such fast progress on your Perry the Platypus hat! My sons LOVE Phineas and Ferb so I can't wait to see how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got my Martha Stewart Loom Kit at JoAnn's so I could use the 40% coupon too. Michael's didn't have one. I really do like mine, except for one thing. The knit tool smells so bad I can't use it. Too bad too because I like the grip. Does your tool handle have a bad odor?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honestly, I am not using the tool that came with the Martha Stewart Loom. I just used one of my many KK tools. Haven't really smelled it. I guess I will have to give it a whiff one of these days.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my followers! Let me know what you have to say.

I've been having a lot of spam lately so Anonymous users are not allowed. Sorry. :(