Sunday, December 4, 2022

A Little Christmas

Being a teacher, I only have time to get most of my stuff done on school breaks.  So at the end of Thanksgiving break, we attempted to find all the Christmas decorations in our remaining boxes that haven't been unpacked yet.  


We currently have three trees.  The 7 1/2-foot tree we rescued off the curb.  It had been pre-lit but the lights didn't work but the tree was solid so I cut off the lights and replaced them with LED lights.

The 6 1/2-foot tree is a Balsam Fir.  We got a good deal on one last year and it is well worth the price.  The quality is phenomenal!  Also, even with all the fluffing and assembly, there were only three needles on the floor.  It doesn't shed fake needles like any other artificial I have ever owned.

I like C3 LED bulbs. 
So much better than mini lights

I put the plush nativity scene under the tree.  

(The wisemen are still traveling)

And here they are decorated.

I would like to highlight one ornament which I made for Adele.  I designed it myself and entered it into the Just Cross Stitch ornament contest a few years ago.  It didn't win.  

I feel robbed.

I'll let you make your own opinion
of its worthiness.
It says "Season's Beamings"

The house that we bought actually has a fireplace.  We have not lived in a house with a fireplace for 11 years.  Not that a fireplace is really essential in south Texas.  But, we decorated it.


The village is a la Dollar Tree.
I'm making a plastic canvas one.
Maybe it will be ready next Christmas.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my followers! Let me know what you have to say.

I've been having a lot of spam lately so Anonymous users are not allowed. Sorry. :(