Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Weekend Fun and the Beginning of Grad School

This weekend was interesting.  On Saturday, I went to the knitting/crochet circle at the library for the first time in several months.  It was fun and I started a scarf.

Sunday, Emily was bored.  It's not a good sign when your teenager is bored 2 days into summer break.  So, we went to the mall.  And I bought the Pigeon

If you don't recognize him, see Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus
After that we went to see Star Trek Into Darkness.  It was awesome!  I highly recommend it. 

Didn't see in 3D though. 
It was nice since I haven't seen a film in the theater since Toy Story 3.  Em and I are disappointed because they won't be showing My Little Pony Equestria Girls anywhere in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.  It's quite odd actually.  Guess we'll have to wait for the video release.

I started my masters program on Monday.  I am taking three classes (9 credits - full time for Masters).  Everything is on Blackboard.  I am working steadily on getting assignments done.  I already have this week mostly wrapped up.


I've actually had some time to stitch.  Here's what I've been working on.

It's going to be three Dalmatians in antlers

More of Snow White Discovers the Cottage, the Kinkade piece
I don't know how often I'll be able to post during the next two months but I will try to take time out to hit the blogs that I follow occasionally.

2 comments:

  1. My daughter wants to see MLP but it isn't playing anywhere close. Guess we will wait for DVDs.

    Good luck with the classes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stitching on the Dalmatians and Snow White! I always love to see what you get at Scrap. I saw the new Star Trek movie and it was very exciting!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my followers! Let me know what you have to say.

I've been having a lot of spam lately so Anonymous users are not allowed. Sorry. :(