Friday, December 26, 2014

Behind the String - Pooh Ornament

Welcome to a Christmas edition of Behind the String.  Hope y'all had a great holiday.

My youngest daughter, Adèle, has PDD-NOS (Pervasive Developmental Disorder - Not Otherwise Specified) which is related to Autism (she has not been formally diagnosed with ASD yet).  Even though she is almost four, she has very few words (most of them are about food) and mostly speaks in jargon.

She's very cute though

For my 2012 ornament for Adèle's ornament box, I made a Pooh ornament from a kit that I got at SCRAP.  I try to make ornaments that match the girls' interests and Adèle enjoys both the original Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh and the newer Winnie the Pooh that was released a few years ago.






I hung it on the tree this year, toward the bottom.  Adèle was pretty excited about the Christmas tree and ran over to explore it after dinner one night.  She saw this ornament, pointed at it and said, quite clearly, "Pooh."

Obviously, this is huge considering the fact that she's mostly nonverbal.  I guess she liked the ornament.  Score one for Mommy!

And that's the story behind the string.

P.S. After I posted this posting, Adèle saw the picture of her Pooh ornament, pointed at it and said "Pooh."

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely thing to happen. I hope she (and you) had a lovely Christmas. xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my followers! Let me know what you have to say.

I've been having a lot of spam lately so Anonymous users are not allowed. Sorry. :(