Sunday, December 30, 2018

Some Ornament Stitching and Reading

I decided to stitch some ornaments over break.  All are from the 2018 JCS Ornament issue

First up was one for the ornament box for Adèle.

Let it Snow, Man!
Cross Stitch Sanctuary
28 st navy blue evenweave
DMC
Next was a bird one.

Winter Bird's Home
The Little Stitcher
32 st petit point linen
DMC

Last was a Joy ornament because I couldn't resist.

Joy Ornament
Turquoise Graphics and Design
28 st natural linen
DMC
Obviously, they all still need finishing.  I also want to do a memorial ornament for my Dad.  I may also do a few ornaments for the grandkids.

While I stitched, I listened to some Audible.  I may be Audicted.  I like that I can read while doing other things.

I finished Oathbringer by Brandon Sanderson.  I've been listening to the series this fall.  This installment was 55 hours long, so it took awhile.  I can't wait until the next book, but there is not a release date yet.

Oathbringer (The Stormlight Archive, #3)Oathbringer by Brandon Sanderson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

55 hours later, I have finished this book, wishing there was a release date for the next book.

The king and Dahlinar have hatched a daring plan to take back their city. A team of soldiers and Radiants travel to the city to open the Oathgate. However, conditions in the city are horrible and executing the plan will be extremely difficult.

Meanwhile, Dahlinar is working on forging alliances with the other kingdoms. It is not an easy task as his reputation as a general causes the others to fear it is a ploy to take over their lands.

Everything leads up to a desperate battle for survival at the end of the book.

View all my reviews

Currently, I am listening to Radium Girls, a non-fiction about the dial painters in the 1920s who sustained Radium poisoning and died awful deaths.  

2 comments:

  1. Love the little bird house so cute, happy new year and happy stitching for 2019.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute ornaments, Joy! It must be fun to stitch Christmas ornaments with your name on them :) Every now and then I find one that has Carol or Carols or Caroling on it and I enjoy them, too.

    Congratulations on your first full-time teaching job! That is fantastic--I'm sure you are very busy, but at least you will have summers off to fit in more stitching.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my followers! Let me know what you have to say.

I've been having a lot of spam lately so Anonymous users are not allowed. Sorry. :(